Tuesday 20 September 2011

Hunting phone books

Today may not bring a phone book into my house. I would like it to. I would also like it to bring a phone call from the library saying that while I am deeply overqualified for the job, they need someone reliable to put the books on the shelves RIGHT NOW and can I please start Monday. Which, of course, I can.

However, today may very well bring a new city map into the house and will definitely involve something in the way of culturing.

We're going to museums. The Missouri History Museum and maybe even the St. Louis Art Museum. Also, the Visitor's Center that is close.

All three of these are in Forest Park (I'm not linking like usual as I have less than 20 minutes on the computer and I get wordy.) which is yet another beautiful place to be in this city. I know that cities all have places that are not beautiful and are not desirable, but there is a lot here that is distractingly fantastic.

Between my parents and I, we are providing me with bus transportation for the next several weeks, so I can float about the city in the autumn at will.

I will find a librarian and see if I can get one step closer to that phone book.
Without the internet at home, there is a whole set of reference materials that are just not so easy to come by anymore, but that are no less useful than they were before we shared brain cells via fiber optics.

No comments: