Friday 9 November 2007

Because I just can’t help myself...

Phases of Moving – The Picture of Before

Phase 1 involves getting all of my stuff out of my parents' house.
Phase 2 is getting the keys.
Phase 3 is packing at the old house.
Phases 4-8.6 involve the movers moving things.
Phase 9 = beer
Phase 10 = friends + books
Phase 11 begins when my parents arrive with the kittens and more snacks or beer, I haven't decided which to ask for.
Phase Oh My God Who Cares Anymore!?!?! will, I think, be when it's been all it can be and there's still more to do.


I would like to acknowledge that these phases were listed, and therefore numbered, in the order I thought of them. There is nothing sequential about them in reality. Nothing happens chronologically in a move. The clock is there to taunt you. It is a challenge, a duel to the death with the technology of time in western thought. This will be a very challenging move.

I am so fucking excited. I dislike being in limbo. I need to see that there is a very definite end in sight - and that sight is tomorrow evening.

No comments: