Monday 29 August 2011

Plan ... Fibonacci

For the last few days, I've been very aware that I am starting a whole new thing in the life of me without a backup plan. I am not known for being excessively controlling, but I do like to be aware of my circumstances and the options that are available to me should the airplane I'm jumping out of decide to blow up with my purse in it. You know?

I forget about Mother Nature. She does not care that my backup plan was about a place to live. She delivered the smack down to Nodaway County in the form of a hail storm that devastated crops; dented homes, cars and picnic tables; ripped rag top roofs on cars and soaked the floor of my former workplace.

The domino effect of which is that moving is put on hold for a bit.
Not long, just a bit. (Given the struggles that many people that I know and love have to know by name, this is hardly a tragedy for me.)

It feels like one of those "One of These Days" kind of times - you know, for when you need to go through old files, or read Tolstoy, or memorize the monasteries of Ireland in the 8th century. There's that list of extremely specific things to do that require special circumstances outside of one's control. Time that is not to be spent doing anything else, as there is not enough time for it.

I have no idea what to do with the time. My list is in a box. In a storage unit (that did not get its roof blown off, thankfully).

This is the part where my issues are the most well-defined. The part where I get too thinky and not do-y enough.

Altho, there are nine more books in the series of Durant left to read, and I've got an Eco and a Le Guin in my bag.

I miss my typewriter right now.
Something a bit more personally creative may be in order.

Anyway, best to all who are packing today!
Best to all who start back to school today!

Digital Alphabet in Stone - Dom Hans van der Laan/Autobahn 2011 from autobahn on Vimeo.

Found at Wooster Collective

Untitled from Timothy Lane on Vimeo.

Found at Subterranean Books. It's a snippet from their first Whirling Gypsy Comicarouselesque Revue & Burlesque: "Featured St. Louis graphic novelists will read their works in character while projecting the novels slide by slide. It's like story time with pictures!" (The calliope music is a bit loud, but the content is good.)

2 comments:

Lauren Leach-Steffens said...

"The best-laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley." Easy to say -- if you speak Scots dialect, anyhow.

I miss you!

Sarah EJ said...

Ha!

I miss you, too.

Also, I just organized all of my father's academic journals. By alpha (title) and date.

*facepalm*