Wednesday 24 August 2011

How I find myself on Google

I am not always super brilliant (never dull, but sometimes not entirely brilliant) and when I created my blog's URL was a not-super-brilliant moment. Not because it isn't hipster level clever, but because it's so freaking long.

Have you ever read it?
I mean, really read it?
www.independentthoughtavailable.blogspot.com
Do you see how rife with possible misspelling that is? Not to mention that I never remember what order the bits go it.

Generally this is not an issue, but a few weeks ago, I discovered a way to get around the not remembering. And I discovered it quite by accident.

We were talking to friends about a thing called a Toad Suck Shake. It is a kind of food that exists in Missouri (yes, near the Ozarks). I went looking for what it is by Googling "Toad Suck Shake" and did not find the makings right away. Right away I found myself.
Yes.
My blog is the first entry under Toad Suck Shake.

I can't find the description, but from what I remember, it's a Mason (or Ball) jar with layered BBQ and more BBQ and some brisket and I think there's fries involved, and you can eat it in the jar or spread it out on a plate and eat it that way.

Mind you, I keep Googling Toad Suck Shake and then following the link to my blog because, hey - I will make my 15 minutes out of a Ball jar if I damn well feel like it!

In other news:

Want. Go. London this fall/next spring.

Also - everyone is still talking about Rome and Carthage. STILL?

And, Happy 112th Birthday to Jorge Luis Borges.

It is kind of humid here after the rain and gray of last night and yesterday. I am in the mood to wander to the library and remind myself that here there is a lake, and there are bridges and the world is on the outside. It smells so different that I am never certain which way my feet are supposed to land on the ground and I cannot get to comfortable, because soon there will be all new ways to learn to walk and to see and to find the outdoors.

Also, I saw this and my day got better.:

Found at Whitechapel.

Life is good.

No comments: