Friday 21 January 2011

Too much Too much Too much!

Which, of course, means: WIN.
(without the ! because then you're screaming it instead of simply making the very loud and confidant statement. which is what you're after: loud confidence.)

This blog is also known as Why I Love My Google Reader (it is important to stress that it is MY Google Reader and not anyone else's because no one else follows exactly the people that I do.)(did I mention the part where I've been watching a lot of Fry & Laurie? A Lot.)(yes.).

My Google Reader shares things with me. It tells me that people around the world are doing much more than I am and that I had better get off of my ass and go to the coffee shop and have a read for a bit before going to the store to get stuff to make dinner tonight, which I think will involved carrots and cauliflower and potatoes and sausage and maybe a salad or something. In my world, that looks like this:

Pitch Black

Freakangels

xkcd

Questionable Content
(psst: you guys! I totally work there now! except for take out the bread and replace it with books and breakables!)

Warren Ellis

The Guild of Book Workers (I Will Be One of Them)(Oh, Yes. I Will.)

Okay, I have to take a break here and just have a sigh at the cut vellum work. It's gorgeous and amazing and I'm absolutely terrified that anyone would ever let any other human being touch it and yet thrilled that such a thing exists to see and work with. Ready? *sigh*

Fashion for Nerds (I love this woman. Love her. Love her.)(Also, I am Danish, so this entry really spoke to me and my inherent need to layer with fabulosity.)

I went looking for Robin LeBlanc and found her. Then I found This. And now I am thrilled.

Also, I went looking for Friendly Hostility. Sunday may be the day that I read this again - from the beginning and in its entirety.

There is something just wonderful about reading webcomics from the beginning, isn't there? I mean, I love reading books and magazines and all that and I do really enjoy my trades of Freakangels and share them and read them, but I also find a great deal of satisfaction reading all of Devil's Panties or Wapsi Square (I love reading Wapsi Square from the beginning - just because you can and it's delightful) or catching up, with a certain degree of overlap on Sam & Fuzzy.

I suppose I could actually articulate a thought about the observation. I don't feel like it.

Friday is an okay day by me.

Much love to all.

No comments: