Saturday 9 January 2010

Loose ends

Extra long yarn ends, not fringe, define the change of place, of color, of steps to take to the end of the work.

I used all four colors that will go into the finished piece. The arrangement is something I'm a bit nervous about. The couple I'm making this for is very stylish and I'm not sure that I'm okay with the idea of giving them something that they will not like to have about their home. The idea is that it will go over the back of their couch or perhaps over a lap or under a pillow. It is not correct that this should be entirely about the person who made it, and yet, I must be a part of this, as they are a part of me and the gift is as well. Tonight I will ponder the color charting of the work, and the width and length that will best suit its purpose.

I have not written anything of the novel still this year. I suspect that I am waiting for something, but it all honesty I do not know what that is, and if I don't find it soon, I'll just make it up.

I've to make a list of things to do today. Which is always the first thing on my lists of things to do.

This morning found me pinned underneath cuddly felines, reading about developments and changes in word separation and writing and copying. "Protoscholastics" is now my new favorite word.

It is cold today and we're all used to it now, so everyone is out and about in the world, reading books, using Internet, listening to music.

No comments: