Tuesday 4 December 2007

no really, it's all true...

Today is a day of gray clouds hiding the sun which has been on verge of sunset since about 11 this morning. Earlier, I wrote this in an email to a friend: "it's so lovely out. I'd really rather be on a park bench with a cup of hot chai and maybe a bag of some ridiculous Pepperidge Farm cookie or other. And my book. Which I'm loving utterly - the Wordsworth and Coleridge one."

And it's true. All of it. The part about the chai, the cookies (preferably one of the kinds with ridiculously huge nut bits or chocolate chunks - you know which ones, the kind that are named after cities because that's how big they are - not the nice little fancy you-can-drink-tea-with-them cookies that I really like, especially the variety packs of the tidy cookies, yeah - not those), and the book. Even the park bench thing is true, which is cool, because there are a few benches on campus, but no one ever sits on them to read, because why would anyone read?

I have finished the baby blanket and am now seriously contemplating beginning another one, because I know someone else who had a baby and they are small creatures and can get cold very easily, this being winter and all, and we all know that the only reason I'm thinking about it is that I'm still on a high from the completion of the one I've been working on for more than a year and that it's really a much better idea for me to continue going through every single box in my home and re-sorting and throwing away and all of that. Yes. I know. It's a much better idea.

But but but but there's a book at the library that's entirely ripple stitches - entirely!!! and and and I like the baby silk that I used for this last blanket (OMG! softest blanket ever! E-VER, do you hear me?). Yeah. Well. there are about 30 pounds of yarn at home that will not be used for anything that will ever touch a baby that I know - icky grody acrylic (does anyone know how to spell grodey without getting the red squiggly line?)

So, everything else I have to say is all kinds of thoughtful and serious and I'm really just not in the fucking mood.

It's beautiful out. And I'm in. And that's pissifying. But it's beautiful out.

No comments: