Friday 6 July 2007

I am S E Johnson, a Family Company

Really not here today. Spent most of the morning at home trying to convince myself to get going as I have two whole days off in a row once I'm done at work today and there is no reason to get all lazy now.

Riiiiight.

Memory is such an odd thing. Especially if you consider that most events are read differently by the people involved in them even as they are taking place. Went through another box of papers and crap yesterday and while I understand why I kept the things that I did, it feels good to be getting rid of so much of it. Just talking to one of my co-workers about my upcoming travels (not leaving until the beginning of March at least) and how the memories that I record in one place in one way may require a different method in another place. Kind of a fun thought, that. I have no patience with cameras and video even less so, which is going to demand a certain degree of creativity on my part, I suspect. Maybe a Polaroid I can handle. My strength is in words, not necessarily making images with images and color. I can draw, and that might be a handy skill to pick back up before leaving. Hell, it would be handy to have now, just because life is good and there are plenty of ways to record it now.

Knowing that we are all leaving is making it important and easy to be here in the house now and enjoy it while we are still here. Strange to think that while the relationships are not finite, the situation definitely is.

I hope someday to live again with people and feel as good about it as I do right now. This is new for me. I like it.

Realized this morning that I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen in the next five years. I love it! No plan, no routine, no obligation to anything but being the best version of me that I can cuz that works out pretty damn well. Good people around, good food to be eaten, good books, good family, good home. Plus, I really like being me - it's a fun place to be, my brain.

Thinking of Chandreyee in CA having traded tarantulas for painted walls and wine glasses without even realizing that she'd done it. I see why she misses them.

Now I'm all thoughtful and in need of something to fill my gut. Will get back to work.

Love to all,

S

No comments: