Saturday 7 July 2007

The Grand Cleaning Out

The decision, in it's current permutation, is to travel for 6 months around the Mediterranean and then see what happens after.

That doesn't change the trend in the house towards Anne and Sarah getting rid of shit. I have taken 6 boxes of books to A Novel Idea. 5 shelves worth of books. 5 of them. Started going through the closet today. Probably already have 2 boxes worth on my bed. Still many many to go through. I do have a pile started for Sierra, although I have to remember to add Johnny Tremain to the stack.

Threw out 3/4 of a box worth of papers, with the box. That was fucking exciting.

Made some executive decisions:

Martha Grimes goes. MamaPapa have them all, there is no need to duplicate.
Eco stays. Because I fucking love him. I have all of the fiction and it will take a certain amount of focused energy to collect all of the non-fiction. Unless I am patient and wait for some other fanboy to publish the anthology in 3 volumes including never before collected articles on the cultural phenomenon of Underoos and bad cop shows. I would be this fanboy. Yes. Yes I would.

The Boondocks collection stays. Someday it will be joined by others: Achewood, Pibgorn, MacHall, Sandman and anything else I love that I can find in bulk.
Oh, I remember. I bought a book today. yeah, I know, bite me. It's an Everyman Library Collection book of creepy ghosty poetry. I am totally sold on the Everyman Library Collection books. I have one of TS Eliot's poetry including The Waste Land (dear goddess I love that poem). I am thinking of taking about 4 or 5 of them with me on my travels. They are smallish, well-made and just the thing for a me.

It is fucking hot out.

Love to all.

No comments: