Monday 17 September 2007

New Normal Afternoon

I am writing while waiting for the other computer to decide to function and produce the information I require. It is a day of prisoner references. So I get to be that much more aware of my heartbreak. Oh, the joy of melodrama. The ear plugs only block out so much.


It is a lovely gray day and I am pleased that I have brought my bright blue rain poncho. Its presence makes it that much more difficult for people to believe that I have crossed the 30 year mark.

There are windows in my office that show me students lined up like so much cattle waiting for buses and cars and friends. I see the clouds over campus. I love days like this. It is a bit too warm for the weather, but I don't really care. Makes the chore of walking that much less awful.

Transparency is a highly under-rated virtue. No one believes it anyway. My ulterior motives are blindingly obvious, if you know what to look for. And if you bother to listen. It all breaks down very clearly.

Reminds me that there is no such thing as an underground anymore - we keep allowing the media to dredge it to the surface.

Lots of random thoughts today. Trying to get organized, I have a letter to write this evening. This will help me focus.


Well, the other computer is done, so I will get started.

No comments: